WONDERY is looking for a Vice President of Product Management to join the rapidly growing team in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will develop, launch and grow Wondery’s direct to consumer business, Wondery+ (our subscription product). This role is a critical member of the senior team and therefore focus on leadership, product excellence and customer acquisition in a growth environment will be paramount.
The ideal candidate will have previously held Product Manager roles at an early stage company. He or She will have a passion for direct to consumer products, identifying a meaningful value proposition for our listeners to subscribe while offering an engaging, easy-to-use service. She or He will work closely with the marketing team around customer acquisition and (once a subscriber) oversee the listener experience throughout the Wondery+ product journey. Scaling the product will be dependent on successfully engaging the target audience and getting them hooked on Wondery’s content and value proposition of the subscription service.
• Own the Wondery+ product roadmap and related success metrics
• Lead the development and execution of features for Wondery+ across all platforms – website, mobile devices and emerging platforms – all the way through development, deployment and ongoing optimization
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators, including customer CAC, LTV and churn. Be a champion of data-driven product decisions
• Create product “documentation” including product requirements, use cases and roadmap
• Oversee the (currently outsourced) engineering team to develop and deploy product features
• Work closely with the content & marketing team on content, customer acquisition and pricing and customer-retention strategies
• Take the learnings from our MVP to develop a low-friction and superior user experience
• Act as advocate for Wondery+ to internal (content, marketing, etc…) and external (consumer subscribers, audio platforms) stakeholders
• Cultivate strong relationships among cross-functional teams in Content, Design, Engineering, Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Executive Team
• Keep abreast of podcast industry news, emerging trends in audio platforms and competitor offerings
• She or he will have at least 10+ years of overall work experience and at least 5 years experience managing digital product development initiatives or related experience within a high-growth environment
• Experience measuring success (KPIs) within a subscription service in a plus
• Analytic rigor and data-driven mindset. Experience in interpreting data and identifying trends and using those insights to make informed decisions
• Excellent critical thinking skills, including how to size up a problem and break it down to digestible portions
• Solid user experience intuition and understanding across different consumption platforms
• She / He will bring high energy, passion and precision to everything they do
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required, along with finely-honed attention to detail
• Comfort with ambiguity; a track record of responding quickly to opportunities.
• Self-starter attitude
• Must be accountable and willing to learn from mistakes
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Demonstrated understanding of audio apps and a willingness to learn audio-specific performance tracking.
• Agile product development experience is a plus
• Undergraduate degree required (preferrably in CS, Engineering, Analytics, Market Research or related field), Masters preferred