Wondery is looking for an experienced Special Episodes Producer.
- Preparing and producing Interview episodes for our Wondery Originals series, including American Innovations, Business Wars, and others
- Proposing and booking guests for interview episodes
- Coordinating tape syncs and studio sessions
- Creating background packet/research for host
- Crafting questions, scripting host copy
- Editing and mixing episodes as needed
- Coordinating Guest Swaps between Wondery and other podcasts
- Working with producer to develop ideas for special episodes for original shows
- Managing podcast collaborations between Wondery and outside organizations
- Producing custom branded episodes for existing shows
- Developing and launching new interview style podcasts for Wondery
- Producing bonus episodes and planning ongoing coverage for Wondery’s mini-series, including Over My Dead Body, and others
- Producing bonus content for Wondery +
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- 5+ years experience as an audio producer on an interview-based show
- Mastery of audio editing software (ideally ProTools)
- An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way for listeners.
- Ability to work across multiple areas – history, science, legal, etc.
- This is a full-time position, preferably working in our Los Angeles office, but open to other locations.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume along with 2-3 links to projects/episodes you’ve edited or overseen to [email protected].
ALSO: Please include any specific subject areas in which you have experience and interest.