Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide production support on existing mini-series projects
- Assist with identifying interviewees, selecting clips, and scripting
- Maintain regular communication with hosts, reporters, researchers and field-producers around the country working on mini-series.
- Consult on story structure, sound design and reporting strategies.
- Provide timely edits on scripts
- Create schedule and calendar plans for production and ensure that deadlines are met
- Provide initial script edits and mix notes
- Work closely with executive producers to pitch and develop new series
- Minimum of 3+ years of journalism or documentary production
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- A creative approach to storytelling with sound
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Enthusiasm for Wondery’s style and ambition to develop new approaches to storytelling
- Demonstrated ability to lead large projects and facilitate group meetings.
- Working knowledge of ProTools or other audio or video editing software is desirable
This is a full-time position, preferably working in our Los Angeles office. Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume along with links to projects you’ve edited or overseen and 2 writing samples in word doc form to [email protected].
ALSO: Please include any specific subject areas in which you have experience and interest.