Wondery is looking for an Associate Producer to help produce our Original series. This role will assist the producers and senior producers across several ongoing and upcoming Wondery shows and miniseries. We are looking for a candidate who loves audio storytelling, is curious about the world, and knows how to convey sometimes complicated information in a way that is entertaining and emotionally engaging. Potential to grow into a more senior producer position.
- Research and fact checking scripts for our series
- Identifying new topics, writers, and narrators for our current and upcoming series, including American History Tellers, Business Wars, etc.
- Write series and episode descriptions
- Coordinate and track narration with host, coordinate files and scripts with audio house and coordinate mix notes
- Cut tape and edit interview footage for mini-series
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- 3+ years experience in writing or producing in the long-form realm
- Familiarity with audio editing software (ideally ProTools)
- Experience in long-form narrative structure, particularly in the audio space including crafting series arcs across multiple episodes
- Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting, and what makes compelling audio and sound
- An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way for listeners.
- Ability to work across narrative storytelling genres with a basis in fact – history, science, legal and others.
- This is a full-time position, preferably working in our Los Angeles office, but open to other locations.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume along with links to projects you’ve edited or overseen and 2 writing samples in word doc form to [email protected].
ALSO: Please include any specific subject areas in which you have experience and interest.