WONDERY is the largest independent podcast publisher in the US. Launched in 2016, and known for its immersive podcasts such as Dr Death, Dirty John, Over My Dead Body, American History Tellers, Business Wars, Hollywood & Crime and Gladiator, Wondery is also the fastest growing podcast company. Thirteen of Wondery’s shows have reached # 1 on Apple Podcasts, and Wondery is the only publisher to have simultaneously claimed the # 1 and # 2 ‘Top New Podcasts” slots on an annual Podtrac ranker.
Wondery is looking for an Associate Producer to help produce our Original series. This role will assist the Executive Producer and senior producers across several ongoing and upcoming Wondery shows and miniseries. We are looking for a candidate who loves audio storytelling, is curious about the world, and knows how to convey sometimes complicated information in a way that is entertaining and emotionally engaging. Potential to grow into a more senior producer position.
- Research and create outlines for new episodes of existing series such as American Scandal, Imagined Life, etc.
- Edit narrative audio scripts
- Outreach to writers, producers, and potential hosts for new series development
- Training writers to write for the ear
- Create show delivery schedules
- Book studios and tape syncs for existing shows
- Provide sound design notes on rough episode mixes
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- 3+ years experience in writing, producing, or editing in the long-form realm (can be audio, film, television, documentary, etc.)
- Strong grasp of long-form narrative structure
- Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting, and what makes compelling audio and sound
- An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way for listeners.
- Ability to work across narrative storytelling genres with a basis in fact – history, science, legal, biography and others.
- Strong organizational skills
This is a full-time position, preferably working in our Los Angeles office, but open to other locations. Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume along with links to projects you’ve edited or overseen and 2 writing samples in word doc form to [email protected].
ALSO: Please include any specific subject areas in which you have experience and interest.