WONDERY is the fastest-growing podcast network. Based in Los Angeles, our mission is to connect our audiences with immersive stories they’re passionate about. We’re the company behind hit shows like Dirty John, Dr. Death, Business Wars, and Over My Dead Body.
WONDERY is looking for a Senior Coordinator – Media Activation to join the rapidly growing marketing department in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will support the planning and execution of media buys, supporting each new show release.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and passion to everything they do and be comfortable in a start-up environment. Will have at least 1-2 years experience in a media agency, startup, or the podcast industry. Note that this is a hybrid media planner/buyer role.
- Strategizing and planning campaigns against target audiences
- Negotiating the cost, quality and placement of advertisements
- Developing and maintaining quality relationships with media networks
- Responsible for ongoing discovery of new promotional opportunities in the audio space; additional focus on “first of its kind” promotions
- Scheduling and owning media calendar
- Developing wrap up reports on campaign effectiveness
- Keep abreast of podcast industry news, and emerging trends in audio marketing.
- Passion for Podcasts and audio storytelling
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Self-starter attitude
- Consider yourself a “doer”
- Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research
- Interest in following advertising, podcasting and media trends
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities, and attention to detail
- Audio industry specific experience is a plus, podcast is preferred
- Proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role is preferred