Wondery is a network of storytellers and the fastest-growing podcast company in the world, with hit podcasts such as “Dirty John”, “Business Wars”, “American History Tellers” and “Dr. Death”. Wondery’s mission is to bring a world of entertainment and knowledge to our audiences, wherever they listen. We provide our listeners with high-quality, emotionally immersive podcasts that allow them to feel the story.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with the role you’re applying for in the subject line here.
Working at Wondery
- We’re innovative, creative and love immersive storytelling
- Fun activities and events (including midday hikes!)
- Healthy snacks and fridges stocked with LaCroix
- Beautiful West Hollywood location close to landmarks like SoHo House, Roxy Theatre, The Comedy Store, and more!
- Comprehensive benefits including 401K, Vision, Medical, and Dental
WONDERY is looking for a full-time Strategist/Media Planner to support the Brand Partnerships team. This role works closely with the Sr Strategist and the sales team to assist in sales growth, document maintenance, planning, research, presentations and recaps. We are looking for a highly organized, capable self-starter who learns quickly, thinks critically and is enthusiastic about working with a quickly-growing global brand.
- Work closely with the Sr Strategist, Directors and SVP, Brand Partnerships to strategize sales plans
- Constantly update and improve the sales toolkit
- Sales presentations
- Media kit
- Creative samples
- Success stories
- Programming list
- Create client presentations, media schedule proposals, and recaps
- Review and process insertion orders
- Work with the billing team to resolve invoicing questions with agencies and clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of experience working in media marketing, sales or buy side
- Agency media buying experience a plus
- Passion for podcasts
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and experience building proposals
- Capable of writing creative sales proposals and recaps
- Understanding of marketing and advertising
- Strong knowledge of digital media and audio
- Experience working in client-facing roles
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable in fast-paced, always-on start-up environment
Wondery is looking for a script editor / senior story producer with long-form narrative experience to work with writers and edit original shows.
· Oversee and edit long-form narrative multi-episode series with single host format
· Work with writers across multiple disciplines – print, radio, television, journalists
· Pro-actively track and meet deadlines
· Coordinate and track narration with host, coordinate files and scripts with audio house and coordinate mix notes
· Strong writing, editing and research skills.
· Experience in long-form narrative structure, particularly in the audio space including crafting series arcs across multiple episodes
Knowledge of what makes a story relatable, dramatic and interesting, and what makes compelling audio and sound
· An ability to convey complex information and stories in a clear and engaging way for listeners.
· Ability to work across narrative storytelling genres – history, science, legal and others.
· 3+ years experience in script editing or senior story producing in the long-form realm
· This is a free-lance position, work from home on a per series basis
· Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume along with links to projects you’ve edited or overseen and 2 writing samples in word doc form to [email protected].
ALSO: Please include any specific subject areas in which you have experience and interest.
WONDERY is looking for a Vice President of Product Management to join the rapidly growing team in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will develop, launch and grow Wondery’s direct to consumer business, Wondery+ (our subscription product). This role is a critical member of the senior team and therefore focus on leadership, product excellence and customer acquisition in a growth environment will be paramount.
The ideal candidate will have previously held Product Manager roles at an early stage company. He or She will have a passion for direct to consumer products, identifying a meaningful value proposition for our listeners to subscribe while offering an engaging, easy-to-use service. She or He will work closely with the marketing team around customer acquisition and (once a subscriber) oversee the listener experience throughout the Wondery+ product journey. Scaling the product will be dependent on successfully engaging the target audience and getting them hooked on Wondery’s content and value proposition of the subscription service.
• Own the Wondery+ product roadmap and related success metrics
• Lead the development and execution of features for Wondery+ across all platforms – website, mobile devices and emerging platforms – all the way through development, deployment and ongoing optimization
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators, including customer CAC, LTV and churn. Be a champion of data-driven product decisions
• Create product “documentation” including product requirements, use cases and roadmap
• Oversee the (currently outsourced) engineering team to develop and deploy product features
• Work closely with the content & marketing team on content, customer acquisition and pricing and customer-retention strategies
• Take the learnings from our MVP to develop a low-friction and superior user experience
• Act as advocate for Wondery+ to internal (content, marketing, etc…) and external (consumer subscribers, audio platforms) stakeholders
• Cultivate strong relationships among cross-functional teams in Content, Design, Engineering, Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Executive Team
• Keep abreast of podcast industry news, emerging trends in audio platforms and competitor offerings
• She or he will have at least 10+ years of overall work experience and at least 5 years experience managing digital product development initiatives or related experience within a high-growth environment
• Experience measuring success (KPIs) within a subscription service in a plus
• Analytic rigor and data-driven mindset. Experience in interpreting data and identifying trends and using those insights to make informed decisions
• Excellent critical thinking skills, including how to size up a problem and break it down to digestible portions
• Solid user experience intuition and understanding across different consumption platforms
• She / He will bring high energy, passion and precision to everything they do
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required, along with finely-honed attention to detail
• Comfort with ambiguity; a track record of responding quickly to opportunities.
• Self-starter attitude
• Must be accountable and willing to learn from mistakes
• Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, and intelligently
• Demonstrated understanding of audio apps and a willingness to learn audio-specific performance tracking.
• Agile product development experience is a plus
• Undergraduate degree required (preferrably in CS, Engineering, Analytics, Market Research or related field), Masters preferred
WONDERY is looking for a Marketing Manager to join the rapidly growing marketing department in Los Angeles. Reporting to the VP of Audience Acquisition, you will support the development and execution of marketing strategies for new and existing Wondery properties as well as manage the day to day marketing activities of the organization.
The ideal candidate will bring energy and passion to everything they do and be comfortable in a start-up environment. Will have at least 3+ years in a high-growth environment with experience in copywriting, marketing, media buying, and beyond.
- Own the launch of new Wondery properties.
- Identify value proposition and key messages of new and existing properties.
- Act as a voice for Wondery properties to internal (content, ad sales, etc…) and external (agencies, audio platforms) teams.
- Manage a marketing budget and track KPIs.
- Create and execute on marketing plans.
- Compile reports for management review.
- Contribute to larger marketing activations.
- Keep abreast of podcast industry news, and emerging trends in audio marketing.
- Passion for Podcasts and audio storytelling.
- Demonstrated understanding of audio apps and a willingness to learn audio-specific performance tracking.
- Comfort with ambiguity; a track record of responding quickly to opportunities.
- Strong verbal and written abilities.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Experience with a studio, entertainment or brand management company.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Photoshop experience and direct-response media buying experience is a plus.
- PR or branding experience is a plus.